Your author at the Agora
Take the opportunity to put your authors in direct contact with their fans.
We present the event options, stages and signing tents for 2023 starting in early summer.
Please note that the signing tents can only be booked by registered exhibitors at Frankfurter Buchmesse.
The following information from 2022 is for your orientation. It pays to be quick: Take advantage of the opportunity to book our coveted signing tents now. Right in the middle of the Agora, in the heart of the exhibition grounds. Make your authors visible and enable them to get in touch with their fans at a book signing. They can buy books by their favorite authors directly at the fair and then pick up a personal dedication from them. We will support you on site, answer your questions and take care of visitor management.
Your advantages at a glance.
- Plenty of room for everyone: At the Agora, fans have enough space to wait patiently for their favorite authors' signatures.
- The signing tents are THE alternative for signing sessions at the booth. Especially when many readers are expected, they no longer clog up the aisles in the halls.
- Especially on weekends, the time slots for the signing tents are quickly booked up. But also during the week there is already a lot of trade visitors. Take advantage of this opportunity at reduced prices.
- For the first time, the entire Friday will be a public day - keep this in mind when booking and take advantage of this day!
- We will organize the queues at the Agora. All you have to do is estimate how much time you will allow your authors to sign so that all fans go home satisfied. You can also book several 30-minute slots in a row.
- With a little luck, you'll easily recoup the price of the slots in the signing tents through book sales - and make a lot of people happy at the same time!
Author signing options
Where can I have my authors sign and what does it cost?
- We have two signing slots available for you in the signing tents. You can book slots for your authors directly in the online reservation tool. You can log in via My Book Fair
- Prices per 30-minute slot: Wednesday and Thursday: 150 Euro, Friday and Sunday: 250 €Euro Saturday 350 Euro.
What are the cancellation conditions?
Cancellation of your booked slot is possible at any time. To do so, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com. In case of cancellation before 31.03.2023, cancellation fees amount to 20% of the event price, from 01.04.2023 the cancellation fees amount to 100% of the event price.
How are the signing tents equipped and which services do they include?
Furnishings in each of the two signing areas
- 2 tables
- 3 chairs
- Shelf for presenting the books
- Book displays
- Small heater
- Paper basket
- Extra waste container for empty boxes
Our service (incl. in price)
- Programme overview for the signing tents
- Display for the next upcoming signing session (incl. author name and time)
- “Please stop queueing” sign
- Tensa barriers / crowd barriers
- Personnel to manage the visitors' queue
Which safety and hygiene measures will be in place at the signing boxes?
- Please be sure to follow the safety and sanitation rules in effect at the time of the event.
What do I need to consider during signing sessions in the signing tents?
- Please arrive promptly at the appointed time slot and bring enough books to sell and sign.
- Only three persons may be present behind the signing table. Please use a cashless transaction method for selling books whenever possible.
- The books must be sold at the fixed retail price.
- Packaging material must be disposed of by publishing personnel at the end of the signing session – we will provide waste receptacles for this purpose.
- Roll-ups or other advertising material may only be set up during the time you have booked and must be removed immediately afterwards.
Do I have to enter my event in the Calendar of Events?
- Yes, the entry in the Calendar of Events is step 2 after booking or confirming your slot.
- Log in on My Book Fair and register your signing event there.
Why is it important to enter a signing box slot in the Calendar of Events?
- The listing in the Calendar of Events serves as a basis for us to create the signing box programme and the announcement signs at the signing boxes.
- Without your entry, the Frankfurter Buchmesse event programme is incomplete.
- Without your entry, you miss this free opportunity to promote your event.
Do I need tickets for the authors?
Yes. Personalised tickets can be ordered online. You can find further information on our ticket page.