The Frankfurt International Translators Programme for Translators of Literature and Non-Fiction
The Frankfurt International Translators Programme takes place between 14-17 October 2019
The Frankfurt International Translators Programme is aimed at international literary and non-fiction translators translating from the German language. Up to thirty translators from all around the world will be selected by Frankfurter Buchmesse to take part in an exclusive exchange and networking programme. The programme will take place from 14 to 17 October 2019 in Frankfurt, and is organised by Frankfurter Buchmesse with the financial support of the German Federal Foreign Office.
What can you expect from the Frankfurt International Translators Programme?
- Participation in expert seminars
- Invitation to the official opening ceremony of Frankfurter Buchmesse and the Guest of Honour Pavilion
- Visit to Frankfurter Buchmesse and selected BOOKFEST events on 16 and 17 October
- Networking with publishers, authors and cultural institutions
Who can apply?
The Frankfurt International Translators Programme is aimed at international literary and non-fiction translators using German as a source language, and who have translated and published at least three books.
Which application documents have to be submitted?
- Completed application form
- Two recommendations from business associates (publishers, cultural institutions) in English or German
- Selection of already published translations from German (max. 10 titles)
Who bears the costs of participation?
The costs for participating in the Translator Fellowship will be covered by Frankfurter Buchmesse with financial support from the German Federal Foreign Office. The flight and up to four nights in a hotel in Frankfurt are paid by the sponsors. All participants also receive a free trade visitor ticket to Frankfurter Buchmesse, including a conference and BOOKFEST programme.
Benefit from the Frankfurt International Translators Programme
The Frankfurt International Translators Programme offers a unique opportunity to extend your international network at the most important content trade fair.