The Paris-Frankfurt Fellowship: Connecting young French and German booksellers and publishers.
The Paris-Frankfurt Fellowship takes place from 8 May to 22 May 2019 in Germany and France.
The application phase for the Paris-Frankfurt Fellowship 2020 will start in November 2019.
Launched in 2017 when France was guest of honour, Frankfurter Buchmesse's Paris-Frankfurt Fellowship is set to continue pursuing these goals: Selected young booksellers and publishing staff complete an intensive two-week training programme between France and Germany. New professional, language and intercultural skills are acquired through practical seminars and study trips to both countries.
What to expect from the Paris-Frankfurt Fellowship?
- Intense two-week training programme
- Language and intercultural preparatory course
- Study trips to Germany and France
- Networking with publishers, booksellers and multipliers from both countries
What are the requirements?
- Age limit: 35 years
- Concluded apprenticeship or university degree
- Availability over the entire programme duration (two weeks in May 2019)
- Resident in Germany, France or Switzerland
- It is the participants' responsibility to insure themselves sufficiently during the programme.
Which application documents have to be submitted?
- Letter of application
- Letter of recommendation by a direct supervisor