Which events take place at #fbm20?
The calendar of events for 2020 will be available in August. Exhibitors can already register their events from July 2020.
Questions & answers you need to know about the calendar for events
1. Access and permission
Access and permission for entering and managing events
Access rights for entering and managing events in the Calendar of Events can only be obtained through the My Book Fair account of the stand organiser. To access this information, please login to your My Book Fair account using the e-mail address provided during registration. If you don’t have a My Book Fair account, you can sign up here: https://services.book-fair.com/login
Transferring permission for entering and managing events to another person
If you need to make another person responsible for entering and managing events, please contact the Service Center of Frankfurter Buchmesse. Please be aware that the permission to update information and manage events will be transferred from the stand organiser to the new person, which means the stand organiser will not have any access rights.
Please contact the Service Center, providing your customer number, via e-mail: email@example.com.
Please understand that it can take up to 24 hours for the changes to take effect and that changes can only be made on weekdays.
Are you not an exhibitor at Frankfurter Buchmesse?
If you are not an exhibitor, but are hosting an event in the context of the book fair, you can still enter it in the Calendar of Events. Please explain your event, mentioning that you are not an exhibitor at Frankfurter Buchmesse, in an e-mail to our Service Center: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Service Center will provide you with access credentials so that you can add your event, but you must have a My Book Fair account.
To enter and manage events, please login as follows:
- Sign in to your My Book Fair account (https://services.book-fair.com/login)
- Select “Exhibitors” from the overview.
- Click on “Enter/manage events” and then click “Continue”.
This takes you to the Calendar of Events and the “Event administration” function where you can enter and manage your events, provided you are authorised (See point 1. “Access and permission”).
3. Entering, managing and cancelling events
Creating a new event
- Go to Menu > Events > Event administration
- Click on the “Enter new event” button to the top-right
Tip: You can stop at any time and come back to continue entering details at a later time. To do so, click “Save as draft” at the bottom of the page. You can come back to the unfinished entry by going to Menu > Events > Event administration.
- Select one (or several) languages.
Please note: For events in German, you only have to fill in a German version. For events in other languages, you have to at least fill in an English version.
- Enter the title of your event (max. 100 characters)
- Short description of the event (max. 100 characters)
- Long description of event (Here, besides describing the content, you can also include co-organisers, opening hours (for exhibits) or participation fees). (max. 800 characters)
- Add YouTube links and websites related to the event as needed and upload photographs (preview pictures of authors to improve visibility of your event)
- Date and time of your event
- Please select the type of event (e.g. discussion, reading, presentation) and the topic area (e.g. science, digitalisation, self-publishing) using the drop-down menus provided.
- Next you can provide information on any requirements for attending the event. If, for example, a separate ticket has to be purchased for the event, please indicate the price and a link to the Ticketshop in the respective fields.
- Please enter the event location as follows: first select whether the event will be held at your fair stand (only for exhibitors), at another event venue/area on the exhibithion side, or at an external adress. Then enter any information into the fields that appear.
Participant / Author / Speaker / Moderator
- Here you can enter information about any individuals participating, such as authors, speakers or moderators. You can also add a photograph for all the individuals included and links to that person (e.g. social media).
- Are you not the organiser? Then please select “Other promoter” and fill in the new fields that appear.
- You can also include co-opromoters (provided they are also registered exhibitors) if you are organising a joint event with one of the other exhibitors at Frankfurter Buchmesse. The advantage of doing this is to ensure that the event appears under your events as well as the events of your co-promoter.
- Select co-promoters(s) as needed from the drop-down menu.
- Here, please enter the contact person responsible for this event. The contact entered here will only be visible to Frankfurter Buchmesse GmbH in case of questions. The contact will not be visible in the Calendar of Events.
Preview and draft
You can now proceed to “Go to step 2: Preview” or select “Save as draft” if, for example, you need to add more information at a later time.
Save as draft
If you want to continue editing an event that was saved as a draft, please go to Menu > Events > Event administration. Here you can find the events you have added and see the status of each event (draft, approved, etc.) Click to the right of the event on “Details / edit” then in the menu above select “Reedit event” to make further changes.
Step 2: Preview
Review the details and click on “Send event for approval”.
Important: Please do not send your event for approval until you have added all the relevant details and reviewed all the information provided. After successful review, your event will be published.
Changes to events already sent for approval or events that have already been published.
Go to Menu > Events > Event administration. Here you can find the events you have added and see the status of each event (draft, approved, etc.) Click to the right of the event on “Details / edit” then in the menu above select “Reedit event” to make further changes.
Important: please understand that after you make any changes, the event must be sent for approval again.
Cancelling an approved event
If you want to cancel an event and remove it from the Calendar of Events, please go to Menu > Events > Event administration. Here you can find the events you have added and see the status of each event (draft, approved, etc.) Click to the right of the event on “Details / edit” then in the menu above select “Delete event”.
Alternatively, you can go to the event details and select “cancelled” or “rescheduled” under “Event status” in case you might want to reactivate the event at a later date and re-send it for approval.
Your internet browser
We recommend using Firefox. Please be make sure that pop-up windows are allowed and that you are using the latest version of Firefox.
Currently errors can occur when using Chrome – we’re working on a solution.
Advertise your events by sharing search results via link
Take advantage of your own channels to advertise events: we recommend going to the “Event search” and entering your company in the “Organiser” field. On the results page, you find the option “Send search”. Right-click it to copy a link to the search to your clipboard and add it to a document where you can save it as a link to your events.
If you communicate in both German and English, change the language of the Calendar of Events at the top right of the window and then you can save a link to search results for events in English in the same way as described above.
Then you can use these links to advertise your events through newsletters, your website and other channels.
Take advantage of the reminder lists for exhibitors / events / saved searches and more...
You have the option to click “Remember” for any results list of searches made for exhibitors or events. You can later go to a list of saved exhibitors and events by going to the menu and clicking on “Reminder lists” where you can edit them and/or download them as a PDF. Any search you make can be saved and later retrieved from your reminder lists.