The Paris-Frankfurt Fellowship: Connecting young French and German booksellers and publishers
The Paris-Frankfurt Fellowship takes place from 22 May to 6 June 2020 in Germany and France.
The deadline of the current application phase for the coming Paris-Frankfurt Fellowship is 31 January 2020.
More than 600 young professionals of the publishimng industry already took part in the fellowship programme: Selected young booksellers and publishing staff complete an intensive two-week training programme between France and Germany. New professional, language and intercultural skills are acquired through practical seminars and study trips to both countries.
Paris-Frankfurt Fellows 2019
What to expect from the Paris-Frankfurt Fellowship
- Intense two-week training programme
- Preparatory seminars focusing on linguistic, intercultural and professional know-how
- Study trips to Germany and France
- Networking with publishers, booksellers and multipliers from both countries
"As a young bookseller, the Paris-Frankfurt Fellowship was a very meaningful experience for me! It gave me a lot: an overview of the industry, in which I am only involved at the end, many different contacts and new ideas for my professional practice. It was a great chance to meet so many enthusiasts in so little time. Everything is perfectly organized, you just have to get involved in this rich and intense adventure!"
"Great atmosphere and great programme, in short: a great asset! Even and especially if you already know the book industry from one of its sides (publishing house, book trade ...), the fellowship offers an eye for the bigger picture and the opportunity for an exchange that is often not available in everyday work."
"The Paris-Frankfurt Fellowship was an incredibly educational and inspiring experience. It enabled us to network personally with other young people from the book industry and to expand our knowledge of the industry. The organization of the programme was excellent and the content was very varied. It was astonishing to see, to discuss, to question and to appreciate the differences between Germany, France and Switzerland."
What are the requirements?
- Age limit: 35 years
- Concluded apprenticeship or university degree
- Availability over the entire programme duration (22 May until 5 June 2020)
- Resident in Germany, France or Switzerland
- It is the participants' responsibility to insure themselves sufficiently during the programme.
Which application documents have to be submitted?
- Letter of application
- Letter of recommendation by a direct supervisor
How should I submit my application?
- German: Applicants send their documents to Morgane Levier, Frankfurter Buchmesse: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- French: Applicants send their documents to Katja Petrovic, Bureau International de l'Édition française: email@example.com.
- Swiss: Applicants send their documents to Aurélia Maillard-Despont, Pro Helvetia: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When is the application deadline?
The deadline of the current application phase for the Paris-Frankfurt Fellowship is 31 January 2020.
We support young professionals and high potentials in many ways